|Arduroller, enjoying its new Sugru bumper.|
I used Sugru to form the bumper by hand. I laid out some masking tape horizontally below where I wanted to put the bumper, just as a guide. Then I rolled a sausage of Sugru and applied it in the gap. I used my fingers and a clay cleanup tool to shape it and burnish it smooth.
The Sugru is still drying (it takes 24 hours to cure completely) so I haven't tried it out yet but it was a pleasure to work with. A bit like soft bluetack, just a little bit of a chemical smell and just the right level of stickiness to stick to the piece and not to your hands. Hope it stands up to the rigours of being a bumper, the ArduRoller tends to hit with a lot of force when it falls over!
My next planned mini-project is to add remote control to the bot.