Tuesday 20 July 2010

Problems with Droids

Many people have reported that the Battery Watcher app doesn't update very often on their Droids (or Droid Xs).  Unfortunately, that's just the information that the phone provides.  It only gives 10% increments until it gets below about 20% and then it gives 5%.  Worse, the phone reports that it can give 1% increments, which is why the details screen shows Accuracy 1%.

I plan to implement a workaround for the latter issue soon so that it reports the correct values on Droids.  I'm not sure there's much I can do about the 10% increments themselves though; it seems to be a limitation of the phone itself.

1 comment:

  1. I found something in an adb log on my droid x that may help it read something like POWERSUPPLY_COUNTER 52. The percent actually changes as it goes up and down if you find a way to route your app through that counter it should stop the only updating every 10% problem

    ReplyDelete