I made this turned speaker for my girlfriend's birthday. It makes use of the boost converter described in my Instuctable. It was a bit of rushed build so I didn't have time to take pictures but here are the specs:
- 5V input to boost converter from a USB connection, boosted to ~18V.
- That 18V goes as input to a 10+W amplifier module.
- The amp drives a 3" full-range driver for 100-20,000Hz output.
- It's all housed in a purpleheart case that I turned on the lathe.
- After drilling holes for the accessory ports, I filled around them with Sugru for a nice finish. I also used Sugru to add some rubber feet.